Thursday, June 24, 2010

Introducing... ME!

Hello world! This is my new blog! I am so happy!

I only just arrived to my new boarding school today when my new "person", Katie, came up and said that I have my own blog. I nearly died from excitement!

Oops, I forgot to introduce myself! My name is Katya Björk-Zolnerowich. I am a My American Girl doll #32.


I have two last names because Björk is my mother's last name (she still goes by her maiden name) and Zolnerowich is my father's last name. My mother was born in Stockholm, Sweden and is full-blooded Swedish, meaning all of her father's ancestors were Swedish and all of her mother's ancestor's were Swedish. My father was born in Moscow, Russia, and is full-blooded Russian. I, however, was born in Copenhagen, Denmark. My family has a thing for being born in capital cities. Haha, just kidding. ;)

I lived in Copenhagen for all of my eleven years, until I came here... I have a very thick Danish accent, but speak both English and Danish fluently. I also speak some Swedish and Russian.

My parents sent me to live here in Texas so I could attend this world-famous boarding school, Daisy Springs Academy for Young Girls. My parents still live in Copenhagen, but I made a promise to them that I would email them and call them.

Wow, I'm sick of talking about me. I'll tell you more about Daisy Springs Academy, or DSA.

Katie has ten other dolls attending DSA. Here's a little about them:

Kirsten: Is from Sweden (she's Swedish like me!) and is very self-conscious. She's also very shy and has a thick Swedish accent (not unlike my mother).
Nellie: Extremely shy, but is a real sweetheart. Has a thick Irish accent, and loves to read.
Nicki: Very nice, but has mood swings because she does a lot of activities that put stress on her.
Ruthie: Loves fairytales, loves helping people, very outgoing and positive, and real nice.
Mia: Funny and nice, loves to skate, always practicing her skating.
Samantha: Tomboy, has a short temper, loves reading.
Molly: Very nice, kind of emotional, very patriotic.
Rebecca: Has a thin New York accent, loves movie stars, loves acting, dramatic, stylish, very nice, and brave.
Lucy: Shy, nice, and captain of the volleyball team.
Julie: Loud (in a good way!) with a big, booming laugh, captain of the basketball team, and very perky.

Well, I can't wait to post more and get into the blogging world!

Love,

Katya

0 comments: